Day 4 of #newyearnewstyle with Vinnies Victoria

If you’ve just popped in today for the first time or It’s your first time in a  little while, I’m currently riding along a 14 day style challenge with Erica from Recycled Fashion that is being hosted by Vinnies Victoria. I’m wearing and restyling ten clothing pieces that have been thrifted over 14 days. Thankfully I do have free rein on any accessories I already owned. I’m loving today’s outfit. Our hot Queensland temperatures are having a bit of a break today and we have got overcast gray skies with drizzling rain on and off. So here we are Day…

Day 3 of #newyearnewstyle with Vinnies Victoria…..

I’m into the third day of the Vinnies Victoria style challenge #newyearnewstyle along with Erica from Recycled Fashion, and I’m really enjoying it. Going from having free rein and choice to wear whatever I like from my wardrobe on any given day down to the a choice of ten, so far is proving to be quite a fun challenge. Pulling together my ten items on day one I knew I didn’t want to forgo some of the style elements I like the most, like maxi dresses and maxi skirts which are quite a staple in my wardrobe. So here we…

Day 2 of #newyearnewstyle with Vinnies Victoria……

I’m committed to a style challenge, and if you caught a post from me yesterday on the blog or social media you will of seen that I’m joining Erica at Recycled Fashion in Vinnies Victoria’s #newyearnewstyle challenge. Keeping it brief I have ten thrifted clothing items I can wear and style for 14 days. To check out the the full ten items I have selected you can check out yesterdays post as well as seeing my first outfit. So here we are for Day 2 of 14. It’s a hot day here today so cotton and cool are in order.…

Riding Along on a Style Challenge with Recycled Fashion & Vinnies Victoria……

Last week I was popping in on Erica over at Recycled Fashion who posted about a style challenge she would be taking part in to commence on the 1st of February in conjunction with Vinnies (St Vincent de Paul Society) Victoria called #newyearnewstyle. The brief is to style yourself for 14 days with only 10 items of clothing that have been thrifted (the addition of accessories are free rein from your own collections). I made commented on Erica’s post and said that it sounded like fun and I’d like to join, and I would take a look at my wardrobe…

The Extraordinary People You Meet at Garage Sales……

I have meet some incredible people over the years through my thrifty adventures and I’ve heard even more incredible stories from how collections were accumulated and how far they traveled. It’s somewhat of a beautiful privilege to be passed on such trinkets of information, wisdom and knowledge. A few weekends ago now we had a long weekend here, on the Saturday and Sunday, I had seen a particular sign for a garage sale but the way the weekend was travelling I was left no time both days to drop by. But given it was a long weekend when I traveled…

Lifeline Bookfest Gold Coast Convention Centre 2015…..

You may remember in the past I’ve shown you some glimpses into the Lifeline Bookfest when I’ve got along. I’m in no short supply of vintage children’s books but that’s no excuse to keep me away from having a look. The Gold Coast Lifeline Bookfest has been on since this Friday on the Gold Coast and finishes today, at the Gold Coast Convention in Broadbeach. With the event starting on Friday and ending on a Sunday afternoon, if you ever get along on a Friday morning you’ll spot all the secondhand book dealers, sometimes donning white cotton gloves searching for…

Let’s Do The Time Warp Again…….

Some could say that my style and wardrobe is a time warp, and a good thing that it is because last Saturday I attended a local Rocky Horror Picture Show Singalong event for charity. If you’ve ever attend a singalong event you will know that dressing in theme is a given it literally has to be done. Of course I was not one to shy away from chance to get into costume (or some of my regular wardrobe however you look at it) and have a child free night out. I invited my dear friend Noelle to come with me,…

Happy Days Brighten the World with Kindness…..

Life is every changing and ever moving in every which way, soaring to the highest highs and sometimes going completely south. I daresay most people have felt both extremes at some point in their life, whilst others face many on going challenges on a day to day basis.I’ve been in quiet thought lately about life’s extremes and ones ability to navigate through them. Sometimes we get thrown blessings or heartbreaks for a reason, a season or a lifetime, but it’s often the latter (the heartbreaks) that have us lost and grappling at life.There are several people in my community that…

Hard Rubbish Rummaging Considered Legal Looting…

Throughout Australia many councils from time to time coordinate hard rubbish collections for local residents in various council divisions. For anyone who doesn’t know what hard rubbish collection is, it’s an opportunity for residents to have larger household items like large appliances and white goods, furniture, garden waste, building supplies and more to be collected by council from the kerbside. As long it’s not normal household refuse (food scraps etc) most household and garden items with a few exclusions can be collected during a determined collection period. My local division has recently had a hard rubbish collection and driving around…