Have you got a little something sweet sort for your lover, lover, your or your secret sweetheart for Valentines Day? Do you need an idea that’s super quick fun and affordable?
I’ve stumbled upon the idea of paper fortune cookies before on the interwebs, so I thought I’d give it ago with some pages from an old vintage children’s book that couldn’t be salvaged and I tweaked the method of making them a little for what I thought was a better result for me.
- old storybook pages or other paper you desire, heavier weighted papers work better, but if the paper is from a book that is too old the pages may be brittle and not give you the results you desire.
- hot glue gun
- small piece of plain paper to write your message of love
The How To Stuff ::
1. First up trace out your circles I haven’t pictured this step as it’s rather easy and obvious I used a lid from a sugar bowl to make a sweet sized fortune cookies.
2. Using scissors cut out your circles……easy done right?
3. Have your circles and messages of love handy…..like so!
4. Put the message of love aside for a second and gently fold your circle in half to create a light crease in the centre, then repeat the process by folding the other way…..again gently so you have faint delicate creases.
5. Take your message of love (you can fold it in half if you like) and then place hot glue on one side of the circle like in the pic. Hold in place until the glue takes.
6. Then gently push out with your finger the internal shape and then gently pinch the semi circle shape until it forms a gentle shape like this. At the middle point where the two sides meet place another dab of hot glue and hold.
7. You’re done. Perhaps you can sneak one into your beloved’s lunch box or present them win a jar of further cookie messages, it’s up to you.
Of course this doesn’t have to be just a Valentine’s Day craft, you could do these for a dinner party with witty little jokes for your guest or heartfelt compliments.